Draft Gastropub

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Last weekend, Tapioca and I went out on a date.

We were supposed to check out sports bars in Makati Avenue where we can watch the Superbowl. But then we ended up at Glorietta a little past lunch time. It was a hot and humid day. We were hungry and Tapioca was no longer in the mood to go any farther away from Glorietta. We checked out Buffalo Wild Wings. This was where we watched the Superbowl last year.

They told us that they no longer take reservations. Apparently, ABC 5 got the rights to broadcast Superbowl 2018 and it’s not going to be live (read: delayed broadcast) therefore we can just go there on a first come first serve basis. Sucks.

Tapioca was in the mood to drink. I knew just a place to be drinking beer – my kind of beer.

. . . Draft Gastropub
 
Buy 1 take 1 – Whoa!!  Loveettt!!

For starters, Tapioca said I can only get 1. Either a soup or a salad. I wanted both and I prevailed!

. . . clam chowder

I chose the clam chowder and it came in a bread bowl. I was not so sure about the bread bowl or maybe I'm just used to the bread bowl of The French Baker. Anyway, Tapioca liked it and almost finished the whole thing. Talking about the soup, it was thick, creamy and was not deprived of clams – which a clam chowder should be. Yum!

Tapioca chose the salad. He does not like blue cheese so I was not sure what went on his head to pick this salad. I love how fresh the greens were. And the play of flavors from the dressing - sweet, salty, tangy. I kinda wish there was more dressing, though. Somehow the salad photo got lost. Sorry about that. But I have another photo showing that we did order a salad.

See? It's right there in the middle!

I told ya! Just so I have proof. Lolz

For the mains, I was having a difficulty choosing between pasta or risotto or rice meal. I ended up with the Fettuccine.

. . . fettuccine

So earthy from the mushroom and truffle oil. For some reason, it had an aftertaste like I was eating a very savory pancit canton.

cubano . . .

That's the Cubano sandwich for Tapioca.

Well, my guy is a sandwich loving guy. He can definitely live on sandwich alone. He liked this very much including the fries.

And the beer that won my heart - Hoegaarden Rose.

. . . hoegaarden for me and stella artois for him

We had a lovely time at Draft. We enjoyed our lunch paired with our beer of choice. If only it wasn't a workday for Tapioca, we could have stayed a little longer and watched the match between Germany and South Korea.

Australian Open 2018 on multiple TV screens . . .


. . . baked cheesecake to cap our lunch


destroyed!!!

Perfect ending. And the best part, I didn't have to choose between blueberry or strawberry. I got 'em both.


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP