Munchkin's First Field Trip

Friday, December 13, 2019

It’s Munchkin’s first field trip today. I’m so glad I insisted on Tapioca to join us.


When the school announced this year’s field trip, we were apprehensive of joining because of the steep price. Php 1,700 for kids and Php 1,800 for adults. Well it’s reasonable if it’s just Munchkin. But if all three of us join, that will be Php 5,300. If you think about it, we can spend that amount for an overnight trip out of town.

Tapioca said one of us will have to stay and that’s gonna be him since he has work. I thought about it. If it’s just me and Munchkin, who’s gonna take our pictures? Who will watch over our stuff on the bus during the stopover? Or when we need to go to the loo? Who am I gonna talk to aside from Munchkin? I don’t know anyone there except from Munchkin’s teachers. I’m anti-social na kasi hahaha. So I insisted he join. This is our daughter’s first field trip. We should not miss it. Kebs na sa gastos. That’s why both of us are working so we can provide these experiences.

. . .  the little munchkin woke up early and excited for the day

eating instant noodles that daddy cooked for breakfast . . .

. . . slurp, slurp, slurp!!!


As I was saying, I’m glad Tapioca joined us. He woke up extra early today and made egg salad sandwiches which we will bring as baon. He also packed Munchkin’s stuff - extra clothes, snacks, towels, etc. When I woke up, he was cooking instant noodles for breakfast. All Munchkin and I had to do was eat, take a shower and get ready. Awesome, right? I didn't even ask him to do all these. Nagkusa ang lolo nyo.

Part of me wanted to scold myself. Because I’m the mother. I should be responsible for doing those things. I should be the one taking care of them.


Times like these, I really appreciate Tapioca. I’m thankful that I can always count on him. That he will step up when I’m slacking.     



Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP