Burgoo

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Here's another backlog waiting to be posted.

First day of the week and we thought of having brunch in Gateway Mall. Tapioca and I were suppose to discuss our plans for the new place we're moving in to. Then we saw Burgoo. Tapioca was raving about their shrimp salad. I've never been to Burgoo and I felt like having shrimp that day.

crayons to bring out your artistic side . . .

After taking a seat at one of their nice booths by the window, our server setup our table with a huge white sheet of paper as a table cloth and handed us some crayons. Then she introduced herself by writing her name backwards facing our direction. Tapioca and I were like 'wow'. I suggested that we try to do the same thing. Fun time. I think this was a pretty cool idea especially if you have kids in tow. You can keep them entertain with the crayons for their doodling pleasure (just like we did!).

As usual, I have to have my soup. Since it's a new place for me, I decided to be adventurous and order something unusual.

. . . burgoo stew

This was a thick and chunky soup. Taste wise it was good though I'm not used to having this kind of soup as a first course meal. I somehow wanted rice to eat with this soup. Parang sauce lang ng menudo kasi. Pwede na ulamin.


shrimp salad . . .

I have to agree with Tapioca. The shrimp was good and it went well with the salad greens.


. . . shrimp and chips

We couldn't get enough of the tasty, crunchy and succulent shrimps so we ordered some more. This time we wanted some starchy complements therefore the chips on the side and then dunked it on Heinz tomato ketchup and Tabasco sauce. Yum, yum!


Szechuan Steak Linguini . . .

This was new on the menu and it sounded interesting. It tasted like noodles from a Chinese resto (read: pancit canton LOL!). Well, it's Szechuan. And Szechuan = China. *Toinks* We're surprised no more.



Remember we were suppose to discuss our plans for the new place? Well this table cover worked as our sketchpad. While waiting for our food to arrive I sketched some ideas for the new house floor plan and also created designs for custom made furniture. Tapioca on the other hand was busy making this . . .



It started with our names and the date when we dined here (shuck it's almost two years now. These photos were aging na on my draft folder).


Then he put our names and the date inside a cloud with flowers around it.



Lastly, he added a house and stick figures (supposed to be me, him and our future kid together with a pet LOL!). Yeah the crayons had Tapioca's creative juices flowing and made this masterpiece. I'm not sure if I should be proud or what (hey, I'm posting it on my blog for the whole world wide web to see). I bet you're prolly laughing your a**es off and I bet you're going to say a 2 yr old kid can draw better than him. :-p

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP