He's Just Not That Into You

Monday, March 2, 2009


It's been a while since the last time I've seen Vanjee so I was surprised when I got a text message from her saying she wanted to see this film Confession of a Shopaholic. Too bad I've already watched it with Josh. Then I remember this cute movie starring Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Aniston. Maybe we can watch that. So we set the date on a Saturday.


Friday night, I was busy searching the net for movie schedules only to find out that Saturday was going to be the opening day of the movie You Change My Life starring Sarah G. and John Lloyd Cruz. And this meant the entire Metro Manila cinemas suck big time. Mind you, I have nothing against the movie but the idea of having almost all cinema houses offering only this movie is very irritating. As if its telling the whole metropolis "Hey peeps, this is the only movie for today and you have no option but to watch this...and only this." DUH.


Thank goodness there are malls like Megamall with 10++ cinema houses. Even if they fill Cinema 1 to 10 with You Change My Life there would still be room for other really good movies.


Our call time was 12 noon. As usual Vanjee was late. When we arrived at Megamall the movie already started. We can't wait for the next show time because I have a shift at 7pm.


In the first few minutes of watching the film, we were getting bored. People were laughing but not us. I guess that's the bad thing when you didn't catch the movie from the very beginning. But after some time we were laughing like crazy and eventually liked the film. Oh, that's an understatement. I'd say we loved it from the beginning til the end. It's highly recommended and I am totally can relate to this movie. Yeah, that's me...hopeless romantic. Haha. Wuteva.




Things I loved about it:


  • When little Ginny (Ginnifer Goodwin) was asking her mother if she thinks she really smelled like dog poop. Geez, I just loved the expression on the little girl's face when she said "Do you know why that little boy did those things? Because he likes you." Very cutesy.

  • When Mary (Drew Barrymore)received a voice mail from this guy who happened to be a Bon Jovi fan. The guy was basically singing her name over and over. Then she gets another message from the same guy. This time the guy was singing someone else's name and then he said "Oops, I dialed the wrong number". What a jerk.

  • At a party where Anna (Scarlett Johansson)and Conor (Kevin Connolly),bumped into each other, Conor's gay friends knew exactly that they haven't slept together yet and he kept on denying it. Then those gay guys showed him the looks if they're really hitting it off. Josh told me about this too so I know this is so true. Hahaha.

  • After the party Alex (Justin Long) had thrown, Ginny waited for this pretty girl to disappear. And when they were all alone she suddenly jumped into Alex. He was so shocked. Ginny said something really really nice (sorry I forgot the exact line) and I feel for her. Sobs.

  • The way Neil (Ben Affleck) proposed to Beth (Jennifer Aniston). Very original (or so I think).

  • All those people being interviewed between scenes. I think they're so funny but still whatever they were saying makes sense to me.

  • The last part of the movie where all the casts were being interviewed like some kind of a documentary.


Things I hate about it:

  • I think there's none. I just lurve, lurve, lurve it!!!


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP