Surviving Christmas

Thursday, December 26, 2019

This is probably one of the saddest Christmas of my life. Tapioca working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. No nannies around. No home cooked meals. No Noche Buena. No kids around. They were at my brothers’. Me all alone at home sick and feeling miserable.


I’m just glad I survived. I hibernated. I took all the rest I could and took all the meds I needed. I don't want to be sick until New Year’s. That’s gonna be really sad.

I looked at my social media feed and saw all those wonderful photos of friends and families all complete for the holidays. I can’t help but wonder. I asked myself “Do I feel jealous? Am I getting green with envy?” Hmmm maybe. Not. I have to double check. But seriously I wasn’t. In fact I was inspired.

Instead of sulking and being bitter and miserable I chose otherwise. I took all those happy photos as inspiration for our next Christmas. As a matter of fact, I already jotted down notes and made plans on how we will celebrate Christmas next year.

Because of this experience, I’ve learned something and realized that this quote is oh so true:

Happiness is a state of mind.

Happiness is a choice.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP