Chuck's Deli

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One of the advantages of working in Eastwood City is the variety of shops and restaurants where you can dine and enjoy a hearty meal. But it can also be a disadvantage. Dining out every single day is not good for your health nor your wallet, if you know what I mean.

I am celebrating my one year of wearing retainers. I still despise them but finally I don't have to wear them 24/7. Tapioca on the other hand is on another journey towards healthy living (read: diet) which I can only hope be successful and would go for the long run. At dahil jan we opted to have sandwiches for lunch at . . .

. . . Chuck's Deli


Every table had a hand sanitizer  as they encourage you to eat with your hands.

the sauces . . .

The garlic sauce and the spicy one.


. . . coca-cola cherry flavor

The cherry coke spells nostalgic. The moment I saw this in their fridge I knew I had to get one.

root beer float . . .

Tapioca had this. We love root beer and we love it more the fact that they used A&W root beer (in can). Awesome!
 
. . . chili fries 

Home-made double fried fries, chili without the beans, jalapenos and grated cheddar cheese on top. If you noticed on the pic there was too little cheese but nevertheless Tapioca was raving on this especially their version of chili. He said it was like the real deal, the one he was so used to eating when he was still in the US. I have low tolerance with heat but I was able to manage eating the jalapenos. It actually added some oomph and made it more yummy.

french onion soup. . .

This is the first time I tried an onion soup. I am  not really fond of onions but I decided to give it a try on this visit. Ya know, for a change. I must say that the broth was very flavorful. I also loved the melted cheese on top. But the onions, there was too much. Even Tapioca who never say no to onions gave up. Don't get me wrong. The soup was good. And I should have known this was going to happen. Obviously, it's not called onion soup without onions. Anyway, I guess I just got so overwhelmed with way too much onions. For a first timer who's trying to be adventurous, open-minded and still learning how to appreciate the food she's not so inclined to, I find this as a good start. I can say I still have a long way to go.  One thing's for sure. This is not going to be my last french onion soup.

the sidekicks . . . 

Each order of their sandwiches comes with a side of your choice. Potato chips, french fries or onion rings. Since we already tried the fries we then chose the home-made potato chips and beer-battered onion rings. These sidekicks went well with the garlic sauce. I personally loved the potato chips with the garlic sauce. Let me also tell you that we liked the plain garlic sauce better since it has more garlic flavor as oppose to the spicy sauce which we found the garlic flavor to be overpowered by all the spiciness.

. . . philly cheese steak subwich 

Beef, American cheese, onions and mushrooms on a hoagie bun. This was Tapioca's choice.

off the hook slabwich . . .

And this was Jellybean's choice. Just half a slab. Nice touch of serving the sandwiches on a wooden chop board..

. . . a peak inside my slabwich

Beer-battered fish with dill pickles, greens and more of that garlic sauce.

NY cheesecake from sugarhouse . . .

We were suppose to eat at Sugarhouse but Tapioca changed his mind so I had a cheesecake to go for dessert.  Overall, we did not regret choosing Sugarhouse over Chuck's. Tapioca can't seem to get over the chili so we might  expect a return visit. He already know what to order next. Clue: it has chili on it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP