Family Day Sunday at SM Aura

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

We went to the mall yesterday to buy Munchkin a new sippy cup. The one she's using was old and worn out and in dire need of a replacement.

A few months back, I remember getting her a sippy cup made from bamboo which we bought at Baby Company. The design was cute and girly but what really sold me was how easy peasy cleaning the cup was because it has less crevices. Less crevices means less scrubbing time. Less scrubbing time means more time spent doing other important things. Every Mom knows time is important and very very precious.

. . . baby company

Alas, that sippy cup only lasted a few days. Not even a week. Because it was made from bamboo, the thing still breaks and cracks. Munchkin dropped it and it cracked. The poor thing, 299 pesos went down the drain.

So we took a gamble and bought the same sippy cup again. Just because I love how it’s so easy to clean. Period. Can you tell how I hate cleaning? You bet. Actually, I have a love and hate relationship with cleaning but that's another story to tell.

the sippy cup . . .


We decided to go to SM Aura because that's where we originally got those Mom & Baby bamboo sippy cups. But first things first, we have to eat.

We only had one agenda for the day (which was to buy the sippy cup) therefore we didn't have any plans on where to eat. Luckily, there's plenty of dining options at SM Aura. For peeps like us who's on a budget, our best bet was at the food court - Food on Four.

I haven't had Pepper Lunch in a while so I got a Beef Pepper Rice with egg. Tapioca got the same thing with an addition of mozza cheese. He likes it cheezey, ya know.


. . . beef pepper rice

Yum. But I needed more ziinggggg. I forgot we were dining at the Pepper Lunch express which means we did not have our own set of sauces and condiments. :-(

Munchkin had her usual fare - burger and fries from The Great American Burger Joint.

the munchkin sticking out her tongue for the burger eerr I mean, the family photo . . .

Then I saw the Poke Poke stall. I haven't tried poke poke and I'm curious so I got myself a regular bowl.

. . . poke poke bowl

It has raw tuna and salmon, diced veggies, sauces and spices and rice. The bowl looked small but it was very filling. It tasted fresh, clean and healthy - in a good way. Though, it would be better if the tuna and salmon pieces were chunkier. I would prefer bigger pieces and not the itsy bitsy tiny ones.

Still, I would love to order this again. Next time I will replace rice with quinoa or maybe just the mixed greens. Then I will order a soup from the other healthy stall right next to Poke Poke.  Then I will have a complete healthy balanced meal. Healthy-healthy-han lang peg hahaha!

We were full but I was determined to get dessert. I was craving for some cheesecake and I thought of UCC Cafe. When we got there, these were on display.

cake display . . .

No blueberry cheesecake. Sigh.

I wanted to get the halo-halo cake but Tapioca doesn't like the halo-halo cake. I do not like mousse cake but Tapioca was interested to try it. Guess who won.


. . . our take out bag

At home we were like this . . .

excited to try a new cake  . . .

. . . looks so good!!!

And the verdict: I told ya, I do not like mousse cake and this totally failed. The only good thing was how it looks and the strawberry bits and pieces. Other than that, it was a disappointment. Tapioca agreed.

Will skip this next time. Never again. #notworthit



Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP