Don't Tell Me I'm Beautiful, I Know.

Friday, April 10, 2020

. . .photo from http://lionlamb-bowmanville.blogspot.com/2011/12/liar-liar-pants-on-fire.html

Can you tell if somebody is lying to you? Like in your face, lie to you?

Sometimes I don't. Most of the time I do.

For example, a stranger tells me that I look beautiful. Ding Ding! Lie. Liar.

Another example. A colleague sat with me at the office cafeteria. For some unknown reason, randomly tells me how pretty I am that day. Ding Ding!. Lie, another liar.

Of course, I don't tell that to their faces. I mean, a compliment is still a compliment. I don't need to be a moron and come out with nasty remarks.

Whatever their intentions were, with or without malice, it's still a good response to say "thank you".

But folks please be it known that I am beautiful not because I feel beautiful. (A-ha, -i-claim ko na!)

Know that I know you're lying because my beauty is not skin deep.

It is from within.

And I thank you.

xjellybean74170

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP