Getting My Groove Back - One Day At A Time

Sunday, June 14, 2020

. . . photo from https://www.magzter.com/article/Lifestyle/Transformation-Magazine/Every-Cloud-Has-A-Silver-Lining

For the past few days or maybe even weeks (I'm sorry but I have lost count or should I say I just stop counting anymore LOL!), sleep has eluded me.

But today is a little different. After days of trouble sleeping, constantly waking up in the middle of the night and unable to go back to sleep, I finally found refuge.

Last night, I slept at 9pm and woke up at 12:30am. I thought it was just another day of sleeplessness and restlessness. Surprisingly, I fell back to sleep and when I woke up it was past 4am! That was such a feat. I didn't try to go back to sleep anymore and went into my daily meditation. I hope this is the start. I wish it's the start of me getting my body clock to work normally as it should.

As I sat for my morning meditation, I was grateful for the sleep that finally arrived. I do not know if this is just going to be for today. If it is then, I am still grateful. As they say, we should all take it one day at a time. Just like how we should take this pandemic.

One day at a time.

I know everyone is longing and praying for the day that a cure will be discovered and that soon we can all go back to the normal. The "old normal" not the new normal (If you can even call it normal). I long for the things that I used to do without the fear of contracting the virus.

Today's meditation made me realize something. That there's a reason for all these things happening to us right now. We cannot hurry things. We have to wait for His time. His perfect timing. He is teaching us a lesson here. He is teaching us to appreciate all things that we used to take for granted when we are still living in the old normal. Like you know, a good night's sleep. When you just need to worry about your life and how to survive the week.

Now, we have to think of everyone's welfare. We have to help each other out. Everyone's affected in this crisis.

The rich and the poor. The virus does not discriminate.

Those at the bottom part of society already feel the drastic effect, but even those rich people, they will eventually feel the impact of these trying times. Yeah, they might have all the money right now but eventually mawawalan rin. Mas mabagal nga lang ang effect compared to us who are in the lower part of the pyramid.

Each and everyone of us is interconnected. The businesses need consumers. Consumers rely on businesses for their needs and wants. If there's anything that is susceptible to this pandemic it is none other than the health sector, whose business is to take care of people. Those who are sick and needed medical attention, but most especially those who are infected by the virus.

But then again, if they lost all their people, all their doctors, nurses, etc. because of the virus then wala rin sila. Deads din ang business. That's why we really need to help each other out.

I believe God wanted all this to happen so we can contemplate and learn our lesson. We need to be more compassionate. We need to learn how to be grateful for the things we have. We need to learn a very important lesson first so that everything that's happening to us right now will have a meaning and purpose.

All the deaths and sacrifices will not be put in vain. Those people who died because of the pandemic won't die in vain. There should be a realization for all of us. Until then, probably that's the time this will all end.

Of course, I really do hope it will be, soon. Very very soon. There's always a silver lining. ALWAYS. And when you hit rock bottom, you know, there's no other way but to go up.

But seriously though, I needed this sleep (who doesn't?). I needed to wake up and be grateful for each morning with a good vibe. Because mornings are my silver linings. They always make me feel hopeful in whatever way it can.

Every morning comes a new day, a new hope, a new beginning. So I'm taking it one day at a time.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP