Food Trip On A Rainy Day

Saturday, September 12, 2009


It's a rare occasion where Tapioca and I got a day off together so I thought of maybe going out to places where we have never been before. But then, the weather was not cooperating so instead we were stuck with our usual routine. Not to ruin the fun of getting a common off, Tapioca showcased to me food places he love that's just near his place.


Since it was raining a lot these days we ordered food on the go and eat them at home. Had our lunch at Danilicious but unforch I forgot to take pictures. Then dinner time came, I made sure not to forget to take pictures. But then lighting is bad at home so pardon my pics.


Being the Chinese dude that he is, he just knows where to get a good fix of Chinese food. New City is just a block away. Once we placed our orders, Tapioca and I hanged out near the open kitchen and watched in amazement how fast the chef prepared and cooked the food.


...chami


Thick egg noodles, the type use in lomi made into pancit. I'm not really sure about this one. Probably my expectation was high. Was not able to finish the whole thing.


hototai soup...


I love this soup! It's a complete meal as it is with meat, vegetables and squid balls. This was very flavorful. They also added one whole egg in it.

...the soup was piping hot so it cooked the egg yolk like this




shanghai fried rice...


I don't eat fried rice that much especially when it's too dry for my palate. This one is a bit dry but I was able to eat it though.


...pata tim


One of the very popular chinese dish. Braised pork leg (pata). We order just the regular so serving size is small. The meat was very soft and it falls off the bones.


chop suey...


Mixed veggies and meat cooked in a starch-thicken sauce. This tasted like the hototai minus the soup. Still good. Tapioca loves this.


For dessert, we headed to Banapple along Katipunan Road. I heard they had great cakes and pie selection so when Tapioca mentioned we're going to get cakes from Banapple, I got so excited like a kid. He sure lives around where there are good places to eat.




I had the blueberry cheese cake and he had the warm shoofly pecan pie



The cheese cake was good although I had better cheese cake before. Tapioca said the pecan pie was really good.


How I wish we can always spend our day offs together but then again I need to spend some time with my family as well.



Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP