Red Mango and the Froyo War

Sunday, September 6, 2009


Before Red Mango and every froyo stores in Manila came, there was Better Than Ice Cream (BTIC). Well, froyo or frozen yogurt has been around the country for decades and it's just amusing how all of a sudden new froyo places are mushrooming all over the metro. What's all the hype?


Okay, ice cream fan here but when I heard about all the health benefits of froyo, I even considered of being a convert.But then again, to taste is to believe. Each and everyone has their own preferred froyo places. And as for me, I must try yet one of the most covetted froyo from Red Mango.


Yes, Red Mango has finally landed in Manila. Now I wonder when will Pinkberry will join the war? For those who didn't know Pinkberry is also owned by Starbucks and is making waves of froyo followers in the states. As for Red Mango it's a Korean owned company.


Luckily, Mark who's also hooked with Red Mango, happily dragged me to Eastwood. Red Mango's store in Eastwood is small but still a lot of people are patronizing the place. It was kinda hard to take pictures in a small place with lots of people.


We ordered a medium size of plain yogurt with two toppings and it costs almost a hundred bucks. Hmmm, makes me think this froyo should better be good for its price or else. Here are the choices for the toppings on your froyo...


...fresh fruits, take your pick



assortment of crushed cereals, chocolate, nuts, etc...


Mark's pick...


...mango and peach slices


Jellybean's pick, inspired from cheesecake obsession lately...


...blueberry and crushed grahams


Verdict: It was pretty good. The soft frozen yogurt may taste ice cream at first because of the creaminess but the tangy aftertaste tells you that you are still eating yogurt. Now, the toppings sure feels like I'm eating cheesecake only healthier. Me like it but I will be forever in love with ice cream. LOL. I think I need to try the others too just to know if there's any difference. What do ya think? Have you tried any froyo places yet?


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP