Vaccination

Thursday, May 30, 2019

. . . photo from https://obgyn.coloradowomenshealth.com/blog/vaccination-nation

Pumpkin and I went to the health center today for his scheduled vaccination. We left the house a little late at 9am. There were already a lot of people at the center by then. Our number was at 73 but since it only takes a minute or less to administer the vaccine, the line was moving fast. By 10am we were already home. 

Now the thing I hate about vaccination is the aftermath. Pumpkin got the shot on his right leg and it was sore which made him very fussy. His cries were heartbreaking like he’s in so much pain. We applied a hot compress on his leg, yet his cries and wails (especially if we touched or moved his right leg) were making me very stressed. The only thing that will soothe him was my booby and some rocking so he can fall back to sleep. 

As a mother, I am very much aware of the importance of getting my children vaccinated. Not only does it protect them from serious illness and complications but it protects others, too. I am thankful that our government is doing the best they can to make these vaccines available to everyone especially to the less fortunate.

I am also aware about the huge debate on vaccines. I would like to make a more detailed post about my stand but that's for another blog post.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP