7 Corners Lunch & Breakfast Buffet

Friday, November 9, 2012

As promised, here's the food post of our staycation at Crowne Plaza.

The lunch buffet starts at 12pm. We're lucky because Crowne Plaza allowed us to check in early. It was a weekend lunch buffet therefore the hefty price tag. I was ready to back out but then I thought this was a special vacation. I closed my eyes and handed my credit card over to the front desk for our reservation.

. . . salad and hors d'oeuvres

 You can make your own salad or grab some of those cute little canapes.

dessert station . . .

. . . fruits, pastry and more cakes

sliced fruits and home made ice cream . . .

. . . seafood station

The theme was Latin America and the buffet features some of the popular Peruvian cuisine.

Japanese station . . .

Which we completely ignored except for the miso soup.

. . . more hot dishes

Indian station . . .

. . . Chinese station

the condiments . . .

. . . pasta station, more Peruvian dishes plus different kinds of sauce

carving station, marinated meat for grilling and more Peruvian dishes . . .

Hindi pa kasama yung bread, cheeses, pizzas and the roasted suckling pig jan ha. Tapioca forgot to take pictures of those.

. . . the dining area

There were just a few diners at that time which was an advantage for us. The atmosphere was more relaxed. No lines on the buffet table and no noisy people.

On the plate:

my d-i-y salad plus lobster with dill sauce . . .

Oh my gawd! I love the lobster. It was super fresh. The dill sauce made it more yummy.

. . . tortilla soup & miso soup (we had 2 bowls each)

I guess everyone knows by now how I adore soup. That's why on this lunch I got not one, not two but three soup dishes! Let's talk about the first two in the photo.

The tortilla soup, part of the Peruvian cuisine, was devilishly and incredibly awesome. The heat would only start to kick in once you stop slurping and munching on that tomatoe-y soup and the tortilla. I tell ya, it was so hot it almost felt like burning my tongue but in a good way. So what to do to cease the burning sensation? Continue slurping the soup away!

The miso soup is not my favorite soup but 7 Corners gave me a change of heart. It was very light, not too salty with a sweetness that lingers in the mouth which I really really like! For sure, it was made from the finest ingredients. I've never had miso soup like this before and I love it!

noodle soup . . .

Another OMG dish! I love clear soups and this one, though it came from the Chinese station, didn't have too much MSG (or maybe it doesn't have any MSG at all). So light yet full of flavors. No umay factor.

. . . fusilli in carbonara sauce

Freshly cooked from the pasta station. The pasta was cooked perfectly. The chef put a little too much salt, though. I paired this pasta dish with . . .

my surf & turf plate . . .

Tapioca was raving about the rib-eye steak from the carving station. It was very tender, seasoned well and cooked to your preference. No need for any sauces. I asked for a thin piece of the meat cooked medium and then headed to the seafood station to get more of the lobster and dill sauce.

. . . bow tie pasta in chili aoili sauce

Tapioca's pasta dish.  He added a Peruvian meatball on top but it was gone in a sec. Tapioca also had a feast with the Indian and Peruvian dishes which unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of. I think for every dish he put on his plate I had a bite or two. The Indian dishes were mostly curries (which I'm not so fond of) and spicy while the Peruvian varies from savory, creamy, rich tomato and spicy. The kind of food Tapioca loves.

my dessert plate . . .

Cakes, watermelon, meringue dipped in chocolate plus melon ice cream. The cakes were okay, the meringue was tough, and the melon ice cream tasted more of a sorbet than ice cream.

Though we paid full price for the buffet (no discounts or vouchers), I can say it's super sulit. Sa steak and lobster (I had a lot!) pa lang, panalo! In one sitting you can try all the dishes from different countries. And in every dish, we can tell it was prepared well using top quality, the finest and freshest ingredients which is so hard to find in other buffet offerings these days. It's a combination of quality and quantity so you really get your money's worth.

We surely would love to come back and take advantage of discount vouchers (hello Deal Grocer!). Next time we'll come prepared and will try everything including the dishes we forgot like the brick oven-baked pizza, the suckling pig and the Japanese treats.

If you think this post ends here, think again. I still have the breakfast buffet. LOL! Breakfast at 7 Corners was different from our lunch experience. It was a chaos with so many people. I did not dare take pictures of the buffet spread so I'm just going to share what I had on my plate.

. . . my healthy breakfast

Salad greens with tomato. croutons, bacon bits and mandarin orange. Coco Crunch,  cornflakes and banana bran in low fat milk. Orange juice, apple juice, water and Twinings English breakfast tea. Yeah, all of that - just for moi!

miso soup . . .

We love it during the lunch buffet so we're having it again for breakfast.

. . . daing na pusit, bacon, corned beef, scramble eggs and plain rice

They do have an omelette station but I'm happy with just plain yet creamy scrambled eggs. The daing na pusit is another favorite :-)

pancake, bavarian donut, blueberry danish, cheese slices and dried fig . . .

Tapioca was already full from eating too much carbs and omelette but when he saw this plate with the danish (he loves danish) he went back to the buffet table, saw the danish and croissant (another fave of his) and smoked salmon and made a croissant sandwich for himself. As for me I liked the Bavarian donuts a lot. It wasn't too sweet. I just noticed that people hoarded the donuts, pancakes, waffles, croissants and the yogurt. It's a little disappointing that it took them forever to replenish these sought-after items.

. . . sweet endings

clear soup from the Chinese station, fruit salad and mango yogurt . . .

I love the noodle soup from the Chinese station and I just have to have it once again. I'm already full so no more noodles. Just soup. I also made sure to save room for dessert. Some fruit salad and mango yogurt. Perfect ending for a wonderful brekky.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP