A Birthday Post

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just turned 29 today but it felt like I'm 30 already. Gone are the days when I get all excited because I know my birthday's coming and expecting a whole party shebang. The though of another year adding up on my age sends me the shivers. Ilang years na lang and my age will be out of the calender. Gosh, why am I rushing to grow old? Ever since I turned 20 I always rounded off my age to the next year. Parang ayoko na i-remember yung age ko. Basta I'm twenty, twenty something period hahaha. Scared of facing another decade in life. I know this is just a phase.

Well, putting the negative vibes aside (and the dreadful thought of growing old sitting idle and letting time pass me by) let me focus more on the positive aspect.

Positive aspect #1. People say I don't look my age. Hah! Ayan may pambawi. Thank you Lord. Buti na lang baby face ang lahi namin LOL!

Positive aspect #2. I should be thankful I reached this age. Still, God has given me another year to enjoy life. Isn't that the real reason why we celebrate our birthdays? Also, I'm thankful I have a job that pays well. We have a comfortable house we live in. We get to eat three times a day (and food trips every now and then). We have nice clothes to wear and among other things I would like to emphasize more on what matter most to me.

First of all - my family and friends who have known me from the very moment I live on this planet earth. They're the very reason what and who I am today.

Second of all - Tapioca who loves me selflessly and unconditionally. This guy just loves to spoil me in every possible ways and I always wonder how he can put up with all my craziness and mood swings that never seem to end. Love you baby!

And last but not the least (and it's included on every one's wish) - good health. You know at times like this (especially pag tumatanda na) health is something you don't want to take for granted. So ngayon ang drama ko healthy-healthihan para naman I can have more birthdays to come. Never mind the age basta I'm breathing and enjoying life.

Life is not always a walk in the park. There's always ups and downs, twists and turns and sometimes di mo na alam kung saang direction papunta. The last 2 years was pretty tough on me. Still I can say despite everything that happened, good or bad or even worst, life has been so good to me. Life thought me things I will never learn in school or anywhere else. Life has its way to make you understand things that you will never understand when you were younger.

Sounds familiar ba? Honga eh narinig ko lang din to somewhere out there. Kung sino man ang original na nag-quote nun ang galing mo pre! Saludo me sayo. After all these years naintindihan ko na din ang ibig mong sabihin bwahahahaha!

Enough said, let's get back to regular programming. I still decided to celebrate my special day despite all this age issues. Pero cyempre simple lang. Dun lang kami sa pizza parlor na favorite ko at ni Tapioca. Hulaan nyo kung saan. Sirit na? Eto ang clue. . .

. . . hearty italian soup

I keep ordering tomato based soup and ended up telling myself I like soup but I'm not a fan of anything tomato soup. Guess I still have to look for the tomato soup of my likings.


greek salad . . .

Everyone in the table loved this salad. Who says veggies aren't yummy? Definitely not me.


. . . garlic bread

I love their garlic bread. I swear I can eat the entire basket of bread by myself. But you know sharing is caring!


spaghetti with giant meatballs . . .

Noodles for long life. Those meatballs are huge. They're so good but super filling I can hardly finish one giant ball so I shared it with Tapioca.


. . . friend chicken and mojo potatoes

The mojos are yummy as always and you can never go wrong with chicken fried to a golden crisp.


manager's choice thin crust pizza . . .

I didn't know we ordered pizza pala so there you go only few slices left when I got to take its picture.


. . . marble brownie ala mode

Matanda na daw ako so wag na magcake. I don't think so. However they don't have any cakes in Shakey's so we ordered this instead. Isipin ko na lang ice cream cake hehehe!

I really though I won't get a birthday cake for this year. But I made kulit to Tapioca to get me a cake so ending I got this . . .

jamaican cake from sugarhouse . . .

Yay! Finally a cake. And I shared this with my officemates.

. . . me and the cake


Here's to another year ahead. Hopefully, I wouldn't feel so bad when I hit the big 3-0.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP