New Water Bottles

Friday, February 2, 2018

Happy Friday folks.


I am very much excited for this weekend. You know why? Because for the longest time in such a long time, Tapioca and I will have the same weekend off which means more bonding time, more QT and more family time. Yay!


Anyway, I am blogging about these new water bottles I recently purchased.


Like our time off situation, for the longest time I've been hunting for the perfect water bottles for our fridge.


You see, for the longest time (I think the title of this post should be "For The Longest Time” lolz) we've been using recycled soft drinks bottles as our water containers. They are not the prettiest but they serve its purpose.


Back in 2013, I found what I think I was looking for at Howards Storage. However, it's 500 pesos a pop. We needed about 4-6 of them so that’ll be like 3000 pesos all in all! Eeek, I didn't think I was ready to splurge on water bottles. And please don't remind me of the KOR hydration vessel. There's a difference, me thinks hehehehe!


Then life got in the way and looking for new water bottles went into the backseat. Just like what happened to this blog. And so many other things.


When our lives were finally back in order and back to regular programming, I started shopping around for those damn bottles. I had some major realizations and one of them was my water bottles. They’re such an eye sore in my kitchen. I needed to get them replaced - ASAP.


I went around shopping, searching and looking high and low in every supermarket, groceries and department stores. Wherever there were plastic containers, I was there. It took some time and difficulty because I have high standards (ehem ehem) until I stumbled at Robinsons Forum supermarket and found this . . .


. . . lock & lock water bottles

This is sorta like the one I found from Howards Storage 5 years ago.

2-way, up or down . . .

And it's freakin’ 500++ pesos! Oh well, they are from Lock n Lock so it's given.

. . . yikes

Then I found another one.

home gallery fridge bottle . . .

. . . hmmm, not bad

Cheaper but the top is not something I think I can rely on should we put it laying down in the fridge.

top cover not approved by jellybean **thumps down** . . .

Then here's a cheaper one. Buy 1 take 1!

. . . love the design with the hand grip - though it can't be put laying down as well

it's like 70 pesos each, what a steal!!!


Sold! Yes, I got sold with the buy 1 take 1. Also because, these were the last 2 packs. Nagpanic buying ako. Low EQ lang ang peg which was so wrong. So much for having high standards ** insert facepalm emoji**


When I got home and showed the bottles to Tapioca, pinagalitan ako. The bottles were flimsy. I doubt if it will even last a year or months. That's why it's so cheap. I should have known.


Lesson learned:

1.       Do not fall for the buy 1 take 1 strategy.

2.       Do not be tempted to buy even if it's the last piece on earth. There’s a reason why it’s the last piece. Could be good or bad but in the end it is not worth the gamble.



I think I should make a list of things to remember so I will never fall into the trap of these marketing tricks hahaha!

#neveragain #beasmartshopper



UPDATE, UPDATE!!!

After a few days of usage, Tapioca finally realized how nice the bottle design was and told me to buy more. Unforch, those were really the last two packs from Robinson's. Though the water bottle was designed really well, it's just that the material used is poor. I just hope they will last. If not, no hard feelings. Ang mura, eh!




Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP