Super Bowl LII

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

It has become our yearly tradition to watch the Super Bowl. I haven't really blogged about it until now but if you're following me on Instagram, you should see my posts about this special event.


Tapioca was actually having second thoughts of whether to watch it or not. We had a long and tiring weekend before it even started. But I was glad when he changed his mind and decided to push through.


The Super Bowl always kick starts the birthday week of Tapioca and Valentine's day. What we do is we celebrate by going all out on a Super Bowl Sunday (Monday in the Philippines). It is our Superbowl/Pre-Birthday/Pre-Valentine's Day celebration rolled into one. We are happy this way and we think of keeping this tradition for as long as we can.


This year, we went again to Buffalo Wild Wings. It's the 2nd time in a row that we watch the game in this place. As I've mentioned in my previous post, there was no reservation required because TV 5 bought the rights of ESPN including this year's Super Bowl. Thank goodness we were early. We got good seats at the bar area.

. . . view from our seats

Sleepy and still feeling tired, all I really wanted was a good cup of joe. Buffalo Wild Wings got 2 options - an espresso and americano. Thanks, but no thanks. I got a mango shake instead.

my mango shake . . .

Please don't ask me anything about the game. I have absolutely no idea. I was just there to give moral support to Tapioca and of course, to eat, drink and watch the Halftime show.


I was so hungry that morning I did all the ordering and eating while Tapioca rooted for his team - New England Patriot. Here's our Super Bowl munchies . . .

. . . italian flatbread

I think I'm starting to have a love affair with flatbreads. They are like pizza only thinner and crispier, thanks to the flat bread crust.

ultimate nachos . . .

This is overpriced, I think. So little toppings, so disappointing. How can you name something "ultimate" when you can count on your single hand the number of ingredients. Tsk, tsk.

. . . buffalo wings with ranch dip

This is what they're famous for. I got the spicy garlic wings. The heat was there but not enough to tickle my buds. I think I should have ordered something more spicy. The next level or higher than the spicy garlic. They have different spice levels to choose from. I love the celery and carrot sticks on the side.


When I thought I was ready for a drink, I got my Hoegaarden Rose.

hoegaarden rose . . .

It's draft and it's diluted. Draft Gastropub's Hoegarden is better in my opinion. I also had an issue with the glass. I wanted them on a hex glass hahahaha. #artelang


Halftime Show with Justin Timberlake.

. . . photo from harpersbazaar.com

Justin's performance was good but somewhat bitin. I wanted more!


The Patriots lost. Eagles fans and anti-Patriots fans were rejoicing. It was a good game, Very close match. They said, if only Tom Bradey didn't have the hand injury they could have won. I say, injured or not if it's meant to be then they're going to win. But not this year, dear. Better luck next time.



Until the next Super Bowl.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP