Häagen-Dazs No More

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Today, I just heard the saddest news ever. My favorite high-end ice cream has ceased operations in the Philippines. That's why we couldn't find Häagen-Dazs when we went to Megamall or in Mall of Asia a few weeks ago. That's why the Eastwood branch closed down as well. Now, it all made sense. They left the country for good. And I was the last person to know!!! *Sobs*

But before they went away, they did give their customers one big farewell. Freakin' 50% discount on all Häagen-Dazs ice cream until supplies last. Are you kidding me? The announcement was like 2 months ago and by this time all the supplies are gone. I'm sure I'm gonna miss Häagen-Dazs. I still haven't tried their ice cream fondue.

Photo from here

The decision to cease its operations in the Philippines was because the brand was unable to attract enough customers. True enough competition is tough. Mahal kasi ng ice cream nila eh. With all the artisan ice creams coming out not to mention the Italian gelato, the ice cream market is quite a battlefield. And there's Magnum who's also a newcomer and getting all the hype these days.

I'm bitter for missing out the sale. Chance ko na sana mapuno ng Häagen-Dazs yung ref namin. It's one of my dreams. Parang ganito lang ang peg . . .

Photo from here.

I guess I have to move on and find better ice cream out there. Which reminds me, I actually did find the ice cream that swept me away a few months ago. I found it in MOA and SM The Block in North Edsa. Will share that soon. 

Yeah, there are no more Häagen-Dazs stores but I heard S&R carries them. Hah. We really need to get that S&R membership.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP